The Order of the Mass
This presentation is heavily informational. It allows the presenter and participants to move gradually through the order of the Mass and learn the some of the meaning of some of the words, gestures, symbols, and ritual actions. It is recommended for people who have some experience of the Mass; it is not recommended for Catechumens or Candidates for Full Communion.
It is offered at present in English, however translation is possible with sufficient notice.
- can use the PowerPoint slides as a visual outline for his or her expansion of each of the “details” of the Order of the Mass.
- should be an experienced catechist, comfortable with both developing the outline and taking questions from the participants and engaging them with some thoughtful questions.
- may find the book “The Mystery of Faith” available in both Spanish and English (purchase or loan) from the Office of Worship and Christian Initiation helpful in preparing for the sessions.
- Consider how many sessions you want to offer. The presentation may be divided into four sessions (slides 1-10, 11-19, 20-33, 34-39) of about an hour each, or two sessions of a bit over two hours each.
- Load the PowerPoint presentation into the laptop and be sure that the laptop, projector, and screen are all ready.
- Arrange comfortable seating so that participants are able to see the screen, hear the presenter, and converse with each other.
- Make some provision for refreshments.
If the parish does not have a suitable presenter for this offering, contact Stephen Obarski in the Office of Worship and Christian Initiation (Stephen.Obarski@camdendiocese.org or 856-583-6146)to see if he is available, or can find someone to make the presentation.