The Mass as an Encounter with Christ and the Saints
This presentation is intended to be informational and mystagogic. It allows the presenter and participants to reflect on parts of the Order of the Mass.
The goals of the presenter-led reflection are
- to lead the participants into a greater awareness of how the church teaches Christ as being present and active in the Eucharistic liturgy and in the celebration of Rites and Sacraments
- to introduce or intensify the awareness of the eschatological dimensions of liturgy – as a celebration of the Church in heaven and on earth, unpacking a bit the implications of profession belief in “the Communion of Saints”
It is recommended for people who have some experience of the Mass; it is not recommended for Catechumens or Candidates for Full Communion.
It is offered at present in English, however translation is possible with sufficient notice.
- can use the PowerPoint slides as a visual outline for his or her expansion of each of the “details” of the Order of the Mass. Significant input from the presenter is essential – the Power Point provides the outline.
- should be an experienced catechist, comfortable with both developing the outline and engaging them with some thoughtful questions.
- should be comfortable with adult learning methodology and faith-sharing
- Allow two hours for this since it involves both some content and significant participant reflection and sharing.
- load the PowerPoint presentation into the laptop and be sure that the laptop, projector, and screen are all ready.
- arrange comfortable seating so that participants are able to see the screen, hear the presenter, and converse with each other.
- make some provision for refreshments.
If the parish does not have a suitable presenter for this offering, contact Stephen Obarski in the Office of Worship and Christian Initiation (Stephen.Obarski@camdendiocese.org or 856-583-6146)to see if he is available, or can find someone to make the presentation.