(2) Support Group Facilitator Requirements
The purpose of this document is to guide pastors with the requirements a person would need to be a facilitator of a support group for people who have experienced separation and/or divorce.
Catholic Divorce Ministry of the Diocese of Camden
Support Groups to those Separated and Divorced
Requirements for Facilitators
It is expected that the leaders of support groups for the Ministry to those who are separated and divorced in the Diocese of Camden:
- Be a practicing Catholic
- Be recommended by their pastor as someone who has reached a significant level of healing
- Be trained by the Diocese of Camden prior to initiating or maintaining a support group
- Attend a full 10 or 13 week session support group as a trainee
- Be informed and supportive, as demonstrated in their lifestyle, concerning the laws of the Catholic Church in regard to cohabitation, remarriage, and annulment
- Understand the purpose of a support group
- Be ready to place focus on group members more than personal needs during group meetingsParticipate in an annual continuing education/formation opportunity.