The Four Stages of the Catechumenate
This presentation is intended to be informational.
The goals of the presenter-led reflection are
- to help a parish organize a Catechumenate according to the vision of the church as articulated in both Universal and National statutes for RCIA.
- to introduce or intensify the awareness of the nature of the Catechumenate as a process of conversion to Christ rather than a program to “produce new Catholics.”
- to orient new members of the parish’s RCIA team
It is offered at present in English, however translation is possible with sufficient notice.
- can use the PowerPoint slides as a visual outline for his or her expansion of each of the “details” of the presentation. Significant input from the presenter is essential – the Power Point provides the outline.
- should be an experienced RCIA coordinator/director or catechist, comfortable with both developing the outline and engaging the participants with some thoughtful questions.
- should be comfortable dealing with the possible dissonance between current practice in the parish and the ideal held forth by the church.
- should be comfortable with adult learning methodology and faith-sharing
- Allow two hours for this since it involves both some content and significant participant reflection and sharing.
- load the PowerPoint presentation into the laptop and be sure that the laptop, projector, and screen are all ready.
- arrange comfortable seating so that participants are able to see the screen, hear the presenter, and converse with each other.
- make some provision for refreshments.
[rokdownload menuitem="61" downloaditem="75" direct_download="true"]The Four Stages of the Catechumenate PowerPoint[/rokdownload]
- Getting Started: The Basics
- Catholic Charities
- Catholic Divorce Ministry
- Ecumenical and Interreligious Outreach
- Faith and Family Life Formation
- Hispanic Ministry/ Ministerio Hispano
- Information Technology
- Lay Ministry
- Life and Justice
- Lifelong Faith Formation
- Ministry with the Deaf/ Office of Persons with Disabilities
- Pastoral Planning
- Temporal Services
- Young Adult and Campus Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Harvesting Gifts Newsletters
- Best Practices
Please contact the Office of Pastoral Planning for general information regarding this website or the toolkits
Lisa Watson 856-583-2843